ABOUT THE PROGRAM
- This is a Johns Hopkins IRB approved research study. Some components of this program are research and some are standard eye tests. Please read the consent form provided at the screening or call us if you have any questions. Your participation is voluntary.
- The program follows strict standards and protocols approved by Johns Hopkins IRB, Wilmer Eye Institute and Centers for Disease Control and prevention. Study team cannot make exceptions to protocol and age eligibility.
SCREENING AND FOLLOW UP APPOINTMENT
- If you have any prescription glasses with you, please remember to bring them to the screening. Even if the pair that you own is old, we would like you to bring them so that we can see how well they still work for you.
- There will be no dilation of the eyes at all during the screening; you are free to drive or perform other activities normally after the exam.
- If we find any problems with your eyes during the screening, we will schedule you for a free follow-up appointment at our clinic. Your insurance will not be billed for this first visit only; however, we will try our best to work with you and make sure that any subsequent visits you need are covered if you are not able to pay for them.
- We also provide free reading glasses at the end of the screening to patients that need them.
- Please call us directly if you need to make any changes to your appointment. Wilmer Eye Institute can’t make changes to your appointment.
- The free prescription glasses and the reading glasses provided by this program are from a select set of choices. Progressive lenses are not currently offered. Your eligibility for the glasses will be decided based on your test results.
- We offer limited transportation options for patients to make it to their follow up appointment at Wilmer Eye. Please call us to make sure you qualify for transportation